Date(s) - 25/08/2016 - 28/08/2016
Fundación Picasso Málaga
- Pushing participants out of their comfort zone, at their own level. From beginners starting to sketch to more confident participants, we aim to teach you something new and push you outside your boundaries, helping you experiment.
- Experiment with different water mark and drawing techniques and ways of approaching a live sketch situation, helping you find your own self expression.
- Using and trying different watercolour approaches – line drawing with brushes, marker pens and watercolour pencils, painting with watercolours, using textures, light and shade, understanding colour.
- Using more colour and texture and making you think about how do you represent what you see and to develop your own way of representing what you see in colour with confidence
- Improving brushstrokes and brushmark making abilities
- Losing the fear to draw people
- Sketching the city, its buildings, the people and their stories.
We have organised six different locations for the 3 day workshop and you would be experiencing them all. As the weather will be hot, we have adapted our timetable to the climate and will have a longer break at lunchtime and time in the afternoon to be in the shade, we have organised some ‘cool’ making activities (practice on drawing trees, watercolour mark-making and lines and letters experiments)
It will be fun but hard work, as you will be enjoying learning and experimenting all the time, trying out different ways of drawing and mark making, sketching in watercolour and using colour in all forms without fear, sharing the work we do and discussing our findings intensely.
Each of the instructors will explore different themes of depicting Light and Shade in the context of urban sketching.
For more information, including registration, costs, travel arrangements and more, head to workshop site on urbansketchers.com.